Are lackluster prospect lists slowing down your lead generation and sales efforts? Having inaccurate or incomplete data on your target audience is a common problem in healthcare and B2B marketing.
Fortunately, hitting the phones with an outbound calling campaign can quickly polish and improve your sales and marketing prospect lists. All it takes is dedicated resources to connect with potential customers in your target market.
Common problems with sales prospect lists
A number of symptoms can indicate your organization is working with suboptimal sales and marketing prospect lists. And, it can be a constant struggle—as much as 20 percent of B2B data changes each year.
Common challenges with lists include:
- Missing details, such as decision-maker names and titles, or opt-in email addresses
- Outdated information, such as individuals no longer with the company or organizations no longer in business
- Low reach rates for lead generation campaigns
- Difficulty segmenting and targeting your approach, due to lack of demographic data or other criteria on companies
Bad prospect lists impact both the marketing and sales teams. Inaccurate or incomplete data, for example, dramatically reduces the ROI on marketing campaigns and drives up the costs for lead generation.
For the business development team, a key symptom is poor productivity. Inside sales reps must spend extra time looking up phone numbers or surfing LinkedIn for new contact information, rather than making calls.
Even newly purchased lists can miss the mark. Most include only basic contact information—such as addresses and phone numbers for corporate headquarters. Acquiring opt-in email addresses, decision-maker names and the specific details your company needs for segmentation or account-based marketing requires extra effort.
Optimize your prospect lists with outbound calling
Outbound calling is one of the fastest and most effective ways to improve your sales and marketing prospect lists. An outsourced lead generation company like Volkart May can make high velocity calls using dedicated, professional resources, which frees your internal team for other sales activities.
A single call can help you gather:
- Correct company name and address
- Specific contact information at the individual level
- Decision-maker names and titles
- Opt-in email addresses
- Demographic data, such as company size or business locations
- Targeting information specific to your sales process, such as competitive systems in use or contract expiration dates
- Awareness of and interest in your product or service
Combining list maintenance activities with lead generation is a powerful combination for a medtech or B2B sales call. It creates a cost-effective and useful touchpoint for your brand.
Power up your prospect lists with outsourced lead generation
Outsourcing some or all of your outbound sales calling makes sense for companies large and small. Startups benefit by adding capacity without having to hire and manage a sales team. Established companies appreciate keeping internal resources focused on negotiating deals and closing sales, rather than top-of-the-funnel lead generation and awareness.
The right lead generation partner should operate like an extension of your internal sales team, representing your valued B2B or healthcare brand with respect, professionalism and transparency.
At Volkart May, we bring more than 30 years of experience and take a proactive, collaborative approach. Learn more about our services, then contact us to discuss your project in detail.