Virtual selling techniques are here to stay, and they’re growing more sophisticated.
When the COVID-19 pandemic reared its head in early 2020, most organizations quickly pivoted to remote work options and invested in virtual tools. But, as many sales and marketing leaders have realized, it takes more than advanced technology to make lead generation and sales prospecting efforts a success.
As your medtech or B2B company plans its 2022 lead generation strategy, there’s real value in adding a line item for outbound calling with an outsourced call center like Volkart May. Not only does working with experienced business development callers add capacity and accelerate your lead generation results, it also gives you visibility into the best practices that work in today’s virtual world.
Outsourced lead generation frees your team to close more sales
Outsourcing your inside sales activities provides a cost-effective and efficient solution for many medtech and B2B companies. It’s a great complement to magnify the results of existing digital campaigns like email marketing, advertising and social media. It’s also a surefire way to guarantee critical activities like cold calling, list building and identifying new prospects occur on an ongoing basis, no matter how busy your high-powered sales team becomes.
When you outsource lead generation, your professional call center teams up with you to tackle some or all of these tasks:
- Qualifying inbound inquiries
- Generating new leads
- Nurturing cooler opportunities
- Booking sales appointments
- Identifying market insights
- Updating prospect lists
With outsourcing, the inside sales company manages the hiring, training and day-to-day oversight of the business development team. They also take on the time and expense of sales infrastructure—everything from purchasing top-of-the-line headsets and equipment, to establishing data security, to implementing technology for tracking campaign progress.
The result? A steady stream of sales-ready, qualified appointments and the advantage of focusing your internal resources on the most critical part of the sales pipeline: closing deals.
Outbound calling routinely generates 10:1 (or greater) ROI
The value proposition for outsourcing lead generation calling may sound attractive, scary—or both—depending on your point of view. What it does represent is change.
To move forward, take the time to involve others and learn together how the new option of outsourcing will really work.
When it comes to outbound calling, perhaps the most compelling statistic for gaining buy-in is ROI. Volkart May brings more than 30 years experience to our projects, and in the course of those collaborations, we routinely return 10:1 ROI for our clients—even during the very first engagement. Our recent case studies show how we do it in more detail.
Gain organizational buy-in with these strategies
As with any new initiative, internal support is vital. Without buy-in, your valuable leads can languish in the CRM system or someone’s in-box, or receive only a cursory follow-up.
To gain support for outbound calling across your organization, fold these activities into your 2022 budget and sales planning process:
- Involve stakeholders early. Effective lead generation calling needs support from marketing and sales, so be sure to invite both teams to planning meetings with your potential outsourcing partner. Establishing open communication and collaboration will create the right foundation.
- Start with a pilot project. There’s no need to outsource 100 percent of your lead generation or sales prospecting activities immediately. In fact, starting small with a pilot project or test campaign gives you and your outsourced call center time to test, learn and refine the approach that works best in your market. It’s a great way to convince skeptical stakeholders and gain budget approval for a new initiative.
- Forecast potential results. One of the biggest advantages of outbound calling is its measurability. If you can predict the size of your target calling list, your outsourced provider can quickly help you project results from your campaign, with both conservative and aggressive numbers. Armed with this information, you can find the right project scope to meet your short- and long-term objectives.
Ready to learn more? Explore other resource articles, or contact us to create a custom proposal and ROI analysis on your outbound calling project.